These hearts are perfect for a Valentine's day gift. You can add a key ring and make it a key chain!
3D HEARTS - CROCHET PATTERN
Skills you need:
- Basic Crochet and Amigurumi Skills
- About 3.5 in (9 cm) tall if you use worsted weight yarn and a 4.0 mm. crochet hook
- About 2.7 in (7 cm) tall if you use sport weight yarn and a 3.0 mm. crochet hook
- About 2.3 in (6 cm) tall if you use sport weight yarn and a 2.5 mm. crochet hook
Crochet terms and abbreviations:
The pattern is worked using US Crochet Terms. Conversions to UK terms are shown below in parentheses:
- mr – magic ring (UK=magic ring)
- sc – single crochet (UK=double crochet)
- inc(sc) – increase in single crochet (UK=increase in double crochet)
- dec(sc) – decrease in single crochet (UK=decrease in double crochet)
- fo – fasten off (UK=fasten off)
- Red, magenta or pink yarn (See "Final Size" to see what type of yarn and hook to use)
- Crochet hook
- Yarn needle
- Stitch markers
- Stuffing material of your choice
- This pattern uses US Crochet Terms.
- Stuff the heart firmly.
- Work in rounds, without joining the rounds. Use a stitch marker so you know where a round begins.
- You can make a bigger heart by using a larger size of hook or by using a thicker yarn.
Round 1: 6 sc in MR (6)
R2: Inc(sc) in every stitch (12)
R3: [1 sc, 1 inc(sc)] x6 (18)
R4-5: Sc around (18)
Work exactly as circle #1, but do not fasten off.
We're going to join both circles and make a round of single crochet around both circles together. I like to use a piece of yarn to join the circles so it is easier to make the round of single crochet.
This round where you made a single crochet in every stitch of both circles together was Round #6, having a total of 36 stitches (18 stitches of each circle).
Round 7: Sc around (36)
R8: [4 sc, 1 dec(sc)] x6 (30)
R9: Sc around (30)
R10: [3 sc, 1 dec(sc)] x6 (24)
R11: Sc around (24)
R12: [2 sc, 1 dec(sc)] x6 (18)
R13: Sc around (18)
R14: [1 sc, 1 dec(sc)] x6 (12)
R15: Sc around (12)
R16: [1 dec(sc)] x6 (6)
FO. Close the gap by joining the 6 stitches of the last round of sc. Weave in tail.
And that's all! Your 3D Heart is ready!
(You can share a picture of your finished toy on Facebook and Instagram using the hashtag #bunniesandyarn)